Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
The Chemical Engineering Co-op will focus on evaluating new manufacturing technologies. The position primarily involves running experiments and analyzing data to optimize the process to meet certain design objectives. The Co-op will gain valuable experience in membrane manufacturing process as well as novel waste water treatment processes.
- Conduct research under direction of a more senior engineer to optimize process.
- Provide accurate timeline requirements for project tasks and clearly present project details.
- Communicate progress including recommendations for improvement on a frequent basis.
- Use critical thinking and problem solving, constantly striving to improve the product development process
- Adapt to project scope changes, analyze and resolve problems and making quick, responsible decisions with limited information.
Co-op will work simultaneously on two projects:
1. Evaluate the efficacy of a new waste water treatment process using Vortex Diode Technology (see attached report). Experiments will look at effect of process variables on removal of contaminants from process waste water. Evaluate efficacy of technology to various chemical contaminants.
2. If the technology is successful in reducing TOC of the effluent streams from the new immersion cast production machine to be installed in Billerica, it will make it easier to get permits to discharge the waste water and potentially reduce the costs of waste water treatment equipment.
3. Optimize process for a novel method of drying microfiltration and nanofiltration membranes.
- Excellent laboratory skills with safety focus
- Detail-oriented, able to solve complex problems using methodical approach and rational thinking
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information to all organizational levels both verbally and in writing
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to work with intra and inter departmental functional areas fostering a collaborative teamwork environment is necessary.
- Experience with statistical packages such as Minitab for data analysis and design of experiments is desirable
- Appropriate applicant should be in the 3rd yr of pursuing a B.S. in Chemical Engineer or an M.S. in Chemical Engineering.
- Should have familiarity with chemical engineering unit operations
- Applicant should be mechanically competent and willing to work extensively with hands.
- Familiarity with engineering drawings, design of experiments and statistics are a plus.
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.