Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
The Machining Process Technician position is responsible for providing technical support to machining, including providing manufacturing assistance and support for New and/or Existing Product and Process lines; process continuous improvements and developing programs for set up guidelines. Completes other duties as assigned.
• Works with engineering staff, manufacturing and other team members to improve product manufacturability and feasibility, such as: implementing manufacturing prototype parts, designing and building fixtures, planning and organizing layout processes for work cells and assembly lines. Participates in implementing cost reduction solutions for manufacturing operations. Documents all suggestions and creates ECR’s for changes on processes, instructions, and routings.
• Monitors product visually and takes corrective action when necessary. Ensures product is consistent with established specifications. Escalates quality issues as appropriate. Ensures highest possible product quality and adherence to the Entegris quality system, ISO and/or other standards.
• Focuses on key business processes to influence customer satisfaction, waste elimination, growth, cost effectiveness and product/system quality. Promotes and implements use of continuous improvement tools to eliminate non-value activities. Participates actively in continuous improvement activities such as 6s, Kaizen events, Green and Yellow belt projects.
• Assists in training manufacturing personnel in the operation of new and existing equipment and processes. Assists manufacturing in resolving problems or concerns that arise during the manufacturing process.
• Completes miscellaneous tasks as assigned in support of the larger organization and production goals.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area. Wears required Personal Protective Equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner and observes approved safety procedures. Communicates potential hazards immediately to supervisor.
Vocational education in Machine Tool Technology or equivalent education; 3 – 5 years manufacturing experience and a minimum 3 years of work related experience in machining. Working knowledge of FMEA and SPC. Green Belt certification. Ability to operate all manufacturing equipment in support of machining operation including CAD/CAM software and Automation such as Robotics. Ability to adapt to work environment, work force and customers’ needs. Ability to read and understand work instructions, blue print reading, perform math computations and computer data entry. Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb a ladder up to 15 ft. and walk and stand during entire shift. Good visual ability to detect quality defects. Work in a manufacturing environment.
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.